Monday, September 3, 2012

First Day

When I got to the airport to meet up with everyone that had just landed in Israel, I'll admit it was a bit awkward but by the time we got on the buses, I was already talking to half the people there. It was an annoying 2 hour bus ride to get to Arad (which is in the middle of nowhere by the Dead Sea) from the airport. When we finally got here, we were told dinner was at 7. By the time we finished the apartment placements, it was already 9. To feed our starving stomachs, they got us like 10 different kinds of pizza and I have no complaints. For those of you wondering how the apartment works out, we have 6 guys, and one bathroom...this should be interesting. Everything else in the apartment is great although we have to wash the dishes by hand. My roommates are great and I'm excited to meet new people tomorrow. And I forgot to mention that absolutely EVERYONE tells me I have a Chicago accent especially when I have an "A" in the word. Apparently we Chicagoans stretch out our A's. I didn't even know Chicago had its own accent although I guess with most of the program being either from Florida, Texas, and New York, I might sound a bit odd. Jersualem on thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gal,
    Sounds like you arestarting the adventure of your life! I'll look forward to reading your updates in this blog and be sure to include plenty of pictures.
    Love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete